“Speech is power: speech is to persuade, to convert, to compel.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Diana Thomson is not only a good friend of mine, but she is also a woman’s public speaking coach and the founder of SpeechMarks Coaching. In her spare time, (between running a household and raising two young teens, I should add!) Diana is also teaching women how to speak in her role as the co-director of the Auckland based She Says So women’s speaking community.
Diana is passionate about women learning to speak confidently, and has trained school children right through to executives. She believes that public speaking needs to be demystified as the reality is that we speak publicly every day!
Listen in as Diana gives us her 3 key take-aways:
- ANYONE can speak confidently!
- Memorise your message not your words.
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!
Want to know more about how you can learn how to speak publicly? Check Diana’s links below…
- Diana has a fabulous book out which I personally recommend, having been one of the beta readers prior to publication. You can find her book, Anyone can speak Confidently! HERE.
- Her website is: www.speechmarks.co.nz
- Her Linkedin is: www.linkedin.com/in/diana-thomson-352a64/
As always, the Rocking Midlife® Podcast is real and unscripted, bringing you authentic conversations around topics that are related to the midlife journey. Please pin and share!